Thursday, September 4, 2014

Trying to Hang on to Summer!!

I'm just not ready to be back into the school routine. It's still summer. Unfortunately, the school system sees it differently. This is our third week of school.
In spite of school getting in the way, we went to the pool which is open another two weeks.

Climbed the pool climbing wall.


Looks like Kayla tried to change her mind at the last minute.



Then we went to Taco Bell.
Sunday afternoon we went to a beach an hour away that we haven't been to before.




It's on a peninsula so it has two sides--Gulf side and bay side. This is the bay side--shallow and sheltered.
This is the Gulf side--wild, crazy waves. I am mourning the loss of my (expensive) prescription sunglasses to the waves. The side pieces were too thick for a band, and I underestimated the waves!


Wipe Out!



Wipe Out!




Along the highway

We pulled off the side of the road and let the kids climb for almost an hour.


Didn't lose any children.



We stopped at a little park on the way home.
On Labor Day we had a group of 18 at the bay--Rick, me, the twins, Jasmine, Jessica, Hunter, a neighbor family, Adam and his best friend, his girlfriend and three of her younger siblings. Another little boy (the red head at the left edge of the picture) came over to join our group because I guess he thought we were having more fun than his family.  I was pulling people on the tube most of the time so didn't have a lot of interactions on shore.









I was not and am still not ready for the school routine. 5:05 is still the middle of the night to me. I'm all for spending the day playing in the sun, not doing science projects and math homework.

Who's with me?

3 comments:

douglassroommom@gmail.com said...

I hear you! I was not ready for school to start. My boys are at a charter, and while it's nice because they don't have school on Fridays, they have a really long day. My little one has had a rough time adjusting, but we'll get there! Enjoy the nice weather :)

Terry said...

I'm with you Kathy!I'm not ready to let it go!

Kathy Cassel said...

It still seems like summer!